About the Pfeifer Group
The Austrian Pfeifer Holding GmbH was founded in 1948 and is currently run by the Pfeifer family's third generation. Before the acquisition of Pölkky, the Pfeifer Group had around 2,200 employees at eight locations in Austria, Germany and the Czech Republic. The company headquarters are in Imst (Tyrol/Austria).
In the Group's fully integrated sawmills, around 4 million cubic meters of wood are cut annually and processed completely along the entire value chain. Pfeifer focuses on the clearly defined areas of timber construction (cross laminated timber, glulam, glued solid wood panels), formwork (concrete formwork panels, formwork beams), pallet blocks and packaging timber, as well as energy (pellets, briquettes, green electricity and heat).
Pfeifer exports its products to 90 countries, with around 90 % of sales generated in its core European markets. There, Pfeifer is the market leader in shuttering panels and pallet blocks and is one of the largest producers of sawn timber, pellets, formwork beams and glulam.